If you are a parent of a student (or you are a student) in 6th-12th grade, we invited you to be a part of our Youth Group. At CUMC’s youth fellowship, we practice three G’s. The 3 G’s are GROW, GIVE and GATHER. Each week, we GROW by learning the stories of the Bible and what they can teach us through devotionals, we GIVE by doing good for others in our church and community and we GATHER to have lots of stupid fun!
Adam Mottershead, Sarah Heath, and I are so excited to let you know the opportunities we have for our middle and high school students to GATHER this fall! **Please note, that your student’s safety is very important to us during these uncertain times. In planning, we have tried to choose mostly outdoor activities. When inside, we ask that everyone (students, volunteers, staff, and visitors) wear
masks over their nose and mouth. This will not last forever, and we are all in this together!
- Students, 6th-12th grade, are invited to meet Adam and Sarah in the youth room (206) beginning at 10am for Sunday school.
- Fundraising-There will be opportunities for students to fundraise money for mission trips and special outings. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, October 27th!
- Special worship opportunities: There will be a few Sundays where youth will be invited to participate in the worship service.
- Youth are invited to gather Sunday evenings for GROWING, GIVING and GATHERING! Below is a calendar of what we have planned this fall. We hope you will join us!
Lots of Love, Scarlette, Adam and Sarah
Youth Fall Schedule
- 22nd-GATHERING Night. Pool Party at Wally and Ann Bembry’s house. We will provide a pizza dinner. Middle School students, please bring the sides. High School students, please bring desserts. Time: 4:30-7:30pm.
- 29th-GROWTH Night. Please bring $ for a treat or two from Starbucks. Time: 4:00-6:00pm.
- 2th-GIVING Night. Time: 4:00-6:00pm.
- 9th-GATHERING Night. Time: 5:00-7:00pm
- 26th-GROWTH Night. Time: 4:00-6:00pm.
- Saturday, the 2nd. IMPACT DAY! Youth are invited to load and deliver wood to people in our community. Time: 9:00am-12pm.
- 10th-GIVING Night. Time: 4:00-6:00pm.
- 24th-GATHERING Night. Darnell Farms for a hayride and pumpkin pickin.’ Time: 1:00-4:00pm.
- 27th-Fundraiser Night
- 31st-Movie Night in the Wesley. Time: 5:30-7:30pm.
- 7th-GROWTH Night. We will enjoy a firepit and s’mores at Sue Bartlett’s house. Time: 4:30-7:30pm.
- 14th-GIVING Night. 3:30-6:00pm.
- 21st-GATHER Night. 4:00-6:00pm. (Adam really wants to get pied in the face this night!)
- 5th-Christmas Break Bags. Time: TBD
- 12th-Christmas Party and White Elephant gift exchange. Time: 4:30-7:30pm.
- 19th-GROWING & GIVING Night.