If you are a parent of a child in 5th grade or younger, we would love for you to be a part of our children’s ministry. Our children’s ministry is called JOY kids, meaning Jesus, Others, Yourself, because of what Jesus taught us in the book of Matthew when he said, “Love the Lord your God with all of your heart, soul and mind. This is the first and most important commandment. The second most important commandment is like this one. And it is, Love others as much as you love yourself.” Matthew 22: 37-39. From the scripture, we know it is important to learn the stories of the Bible and what they can teach us AND to do good for people in our church and community (And to also have an insane amount of fun together).
Kathy Yurchak and I are so excited to let you know the opportunities we have for the children and families of our church to gather this fall! **Please note, that you and your child’s safety is very important to us during these uncertain times. In planning, we have tried to choose mostly outdoor activities. When inside, we ask that everyone (students, volunteers, staff, and visitors) wear masks over their nose and mouth. This will not last forever and we are all in this together!
- Nursery care is available every Sunday morning (during both worship services and the Sunday school hour) for newborns, toddlers, and preschool aged children.
- Kindergarten through 5th grade students are invited to meet in the small fellowship hall for Sunday school beginning at 10am with Ms. Scarlette.
- Seasonal and holiday events: Trunk or Treat: Wednesday, October 27th. Paper Bag Christmas: Sunday, December 5th.
- Special worship opportunities: There are a few special Sundays, where children are invited to participate in the worship service. Sunday, August 15th-children are invited to bring their backpacks to the worship service to be blessed for the new school year. Sunday, August 22nd-4th grade students will receive Bibles. Sunday, December 5th-Children will help lead in singing Christmas Carols.
- JOY kids will gather once a month for a time of fun and different service projects. Below is a calendar of what we have planned for the fall. We hope you will join us!
Lots of Love,
Ms. Scarlette and Ms. Kathy
JOY Kids Fall Schedule
We thank you for all of your prayers and support. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me via email, scarlette pless
- “Cookies and Carols” services on December the 5th, at 9:05 and 11:00am. We would love for you to bring in your favorite holiday cookies by Friday, December 3rd, so that we may package them to enjoy in-between both services. There will be no Sunday school that day. We hope you will come and enjoy your bag of cookies and enjoy a hot beverage (apple cider, cocoa or coffee). Thank you!
- Movie night in Wesley, coming up on Friday, December 10th. Showtime begins at 5:30pm. We will have popcorn and beverages available. Feel free to bring your favorite candy. Hope to see you there!
- Sunday, December 12th during the Sunday school hour, children are invited to come and decorate a gingerbread house. Please RSVP if your child will be able to make it! Please RSVP by Wednesday, December 8th. Thanks!