Please join us for alternative ways to worship during Holy Week as we continue to shelter in place with no face-to face worship.
Preparation for the Meal
Jesus sent Peter and John to find an upper room and prepare the Passover meal for him and the
disciples. As you prepare for your dinner today, consider the following:
• Prepare your family’s traditional celebration food or some of your most favorite dishes
• Include bread with your meal
• Have your favorite beverage on hand
Partaking in the Meal
Jesus gathered his friends around the table and ate the meal with them.
• As you eat, what kind of memories are connected with the dishes?
• What makes them your favorite food?
Jesus took bread, broke it, gave thanks to God for it, gave it to his disciples and said, “Take, eat, this
is my body broken for you.”
• As you eat your bread, say the following prayer of thanksgiving to Jesus whose body was
broken on Good Friday in order to make each of us whole:
God of hope, thank you for sending your son, Jesus, to teach us your ways and to heal our
relationship between God and each other. Help us to live into your gift of new life. Amen.
Then Jesus took the cup, gave thanks for it, gave it to his disciples and said, “take, drink, this is the
cup of the new covenant poured out for you and for many.”
• As you drink your beverage, say the following prayer for your family, friends, neighbors, and
even your enemies, who are all made one in God’s love:
God of love, though we are many, we are all made one in you. Help us to live with a heart full of love
for all of God’s children, even people who are hard for us to love. Amen.
At the end of your meal, as you rinse or wash the dishes, remember the time Jesus washed his
disciples’ feet and prepared them to serve in the world.
• In what ways can you serve others in the coming days?
*Send in pictures of sharing your meal by either emailing or texting Julia at email@example.com or 828-734-2186!*
Good Friday 2020 , Sign up for Good Friday text alerts,