Whee Wednesday Small Groups Fall 2018
5:30pm – Food and Fellowship Dinner
- A delicious potluck style meal will be served each week. Every Wednesday Sept.5-Dec. 5 except Oct. 10 and Nov. 21.
- October 31, we will hold our annual HalloWHEEn Extravaganza during Whee Wednesday. The Cullowhee Kids Preschool teachers will host a dinner Fundraiser at 5:30 p.m. followed by festive games for all ages beginning at 6:15 p.m. They will have a selection of soups (Chicken Noodle, Chili, Tomato, and Black Bean), salad, and dessert. Suggested donation is $20 for a family or $6 per person.Children and youth are invited to play carnival games on the large playground at 6:15pm and then to Trunk-or-Treat in the grassy area starting at 6:45pm! We will also have fun activities for adults. Don’t forget to wear your costume! If you would like to decorate a trunk, please contact Scarlette Pless at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bags of candy as well as prizes for the games need to be donated! You can drop off candy or other small prizes (Examples: Halloween bracelets, spider rings, small jars of slime, eye ball bouncy balls, any cool Dollar Store treats!) in Julia’s office anytime.
- Cost: Free except for the Fundraiser on Oct. 31. Just bring a side dish or dessert that feeds your family plus 5-7 others.
- RSVP required for church provided main dish – please sign up on the pew cards, email the church at email@example.com or call the office at 293-9215.
6:15pm – 7:00pm – Small Groups
- Infant and Toddler Childcare – room 125 with Nina Webb and Madi Metts
- Children’s Small Group – the kids will explore the Bible through a workshop rotation model, including story, drama, cooking, games, crafts, mission, and so much more! Join the fun with Scarlette Pless in Room #207.
- Adult Study – Join David Reeves in the Weekley Library for Cool People and the Bible. We’ll be studying the Book of Acts together.
- Adult Study – Join Julia Trantham in the Glass Block Room for a Bible study called Meeting God in Scripture: Understanding Spiritual Gifts. We’ll use scripture passages to help us discern our own unique gifts and passions, and discover ways we can use our gifts to serve others in our context and community.
- 6:00pm: College Night Yoga – led by Chad Hallyburton in the Small Fellowship Hall, room #111.
- 7:00pm: Chancel Choir – rehearsal will be led by Damon Sink in the Sanctuary.