READ (Rural Education Advancing Development) Selling Textiles
READ is coming back and will be selling Ecuadorian textiles to help support their missions, Sun. Nov. 10, 9-1:00 p.m. in the Big Fellowship Hall. READ works to promote educational opportunities in rural Ecuador in the schools and community. They support and operate 6 regional libraries and an adult education center which provides many educational opportunities for adults. Find READ on FACEBOOK.
A group from READ is flying to Ecuador in November. If you would like to donate items to help the communities, please bring them to the church office by Nov.1. READ thanks you for your help. Items needed:
- Clothing: for children and youth, children’s shoes, items for dress-up: pretty dress, stuff for dress up, costumes, scarves, hats, fake nose, glasses, etc.
- Cosmetic bags, cross-body purses, backpack
- Legos med or large size, puzzles no more than 50 pieces, small toys
- School supplies: colored pencils, crayons, pencils, pens, unused notebook
- Craft items: beads, pretty paper, construction paper, yarn, embroidery thread, supplies to make dolls