No IMPACT Day for 2020 due to the pandemic. We are splitting wood and making deliveries, and we will not have one big day but many mini days. If you are interested in splitting, please use the Signup Genius to register a time or call the church office, 293-9215 for other times. More details are below.
A wood delivery day is set up for Saturday, October 17. We are looking for people who have pickups. It is important that only family members or people in your “Bubble” (suite mates, fraternities, coworkers, etc.) ride in the pickup. We want everyone to be safe and enjoy the day. Please use the signup genius link above.
Project FIRE (with Cullowhee United Methodist Church and Jackson County on Aging) works with volunteers to cut, split, and load firewood for older adults in our community. No experience is necessary, and all are welcome to help.
- Volunteers should wear closed-toe shoes and bring gloves if they have them or we will provide some. The woodlot is in the Cullowhee United Methodist Church parking lot behind WCU, Noble Hall.
- We will be capping our volunteers at 10 people to allow for social distancing requirements. The people in each group of volunteers should be in their own “Bubble” (Fraternity, sorority, athletic team, suite mates, family groups, etc.)
- A person from the church will be available to give instruction. No experience is needed.
Slots are available starting September 1.
- Volunteers must agree to rules and guidelines for sanitation and social distancing (please see below for details). All sessions are weather dependent.
COVID Safety and Awareness
- Please do not come to the church woodlot if you are feeling sick, showing signs of illness, or have had contact with anyone who is sick or has shown signs of illness.
- Maintain physical distancing of 6 feet or more between yourself and others who may be present.
- Be patient and flexible with other volunteers, and organizers.
- We have sanitizer available outside of the church office. Bring your own sanitizer or disinfecting wipes if you would prefer. If you are operating the splitter handle, please disinfect after use or before changing over for the next person.
- Please wear gloves. If you do not have any, the church will provide some. Take home the ones that you use. We do not want them back.
We appreciate your willingness to help the older adults in our community.