2:00-4:30 at First Franklin UMC.
This event is open to everyone in the Smoky Mountain District that is serving in any type of leadership capacity, as well as those people who have expressed ideas or a desire to know more about ways to serve their church in ministry and mission.
The Event is focused solely on how to empower leadership in our local churches. To accomplish this, two Sessions of workshops will be offered so that participants can each choose to attend two trainings that best answer their needs. All workshops offered in Session A will be repeated in Session B except for those being led by Amy Coles on Moving to a One Board Governance and Serving on Trustees Committee. The workshops being offered are:
SESSION A: 2:20-3:20
- How to Start Fresh Expressions: Stories from Leaders of Smoky Mtn. District Fresh Expressions:
Led by: Wayner Dickert and Sherrie and Alan Schork
- Finance Committees, Budgeting, and Apportionments
Led by: Mark King, Conference Treasurer and Director of Administrative Services
- Faith and Generosity: A New View of Stewardship
Led by: David Snipes, President, United Methodist Foundation of WNC
- Moving to a One Board Governance
Led by: Amy Coles, Assistant to the Bishop WNCCUMC
- Serving on Pastor Parish or Staff Parish Relations Committee
Led by: Beth Crissman, District Superintendent Blue Ridge District
- Growing a Ministry of Congregational Care
Led by: Rev. Hardy Tippett
- Introduction to Gracious Accountability Groups
Led by: Sue Jones, Smoky Mountain District Lay Leader and Ron Ballard
- Congregations4Children: Transforming the lives of Children and Families
Led by: Linda Dills, Smoky Mountain District Representative for C4C
SESSION B WORKSHOPS:
- Serving on Trustees Committee (only offered in Session B)
Led by: Amy Coles, Assistant to the Bishop, WNCCUMC
All Session A Workshops will be repeated in Session B except for Moving to a One Board Governance.
Online Registration will open January 2 and will include descriptions of each workshop. To register, click here.