Whee Wednesday Small Groups Spring 2019.
Last Whee Wednesday for the Spring Semester is May 1 and then we will return in September.
5:30pm – Food and Fellowship Dinner
- A delicious potluck style meal will be served each week.
- Cost: Free! Just bring a side dish that feeds your family plus 3-4 others.
- RSVP required for church provided main dish – please sign up on the pew cards, email the church at email@example.com or call the office at 293-9215.
6:15pm – 7:00pm – Small Groups
- Infant and Toddler Childcare – Room #125 with Nina Webb, Caroline Ward, and Madi Metts.
- Children’s Small Group – the kids will explore the Bible through a workshop rotation model, including story, drama, cooking, games, crafts, mission, and so much more! Join the fun with Scarlette Pless in Room #127.
- Adult Study – join David Reeves in the Weekley Library for Cool People and the Bible.
- Adult Study – join Julia Trantham in the Glass Block Room for a verse-by-verse study of the Book of Revelation, discovering the key teachings of this strange vision and how these scriptures relate to our lives.
- Adult Study – join Ed Taylor in Room #207 for study of the book “How to Read the Bible” by Harvey Cox. Cox’s purpose is to have Biblical Studies, which are done in universities and seminaries, and Bible Studies, which are done in churches, inform each other. To accomplish this purpose, Cox uses the tools of Biblical Studies to help the reader understand many of the books in the Bible. This study will give us an opportunity to discuss many questions which people have about the Bible such as why are there two creation stories in Genesis, how do we explain the violence in the Bible, why do bad things happen, how are we to understand Revelation, etc.
- 6:00pm: College Night Yoga – led by Chad Hallyburton in the Small Fellowship Hall, room #111.
- 7:00pm: Chancel Choir – rehearsal will be led by Damon Sink in the Sanctuary.